2.19.2008

What?

I just listened to a message left by the model coordinator of a local art school. The message informed me that I missed a class.

What?

I have not yet posed for this school, but have a few dates on the calendar. The message didn't say what date I missed, but I don't have anything on my schedule (for that school, anyhow) until Feb. 25! Furthermore, if the call was about a class today, there is no way I could have made it because I do not schedule on Tuesdays. I have two four-hour classes on Tuesdays that run right through the time any school would be open.

I'm so confused and sad. I have never just missed a modeling session without reason or notice . This was the school's first impression of me. I may have glowing references, but I didn't show up to the first class they had me scheduled for, so I look like an ass.

As soon as I heard the message I felt like I was going to pass out or be sick. I don't like being a disappointment, and I don't understand why I only have one thing listed on my schedule if there should have been more this month.

Boston University and Salem State schedule with me via email. I never asked for it to be that way, but it seems now that is the only way to be sure everything is exact. Perhaps I wrote down a date on a piece of paper and lost it?

I have a google calendar, and when I get a confirmation email with a list of dates, I just plug them in online...and can refer to my email if a mix-up occurs. I can say "Look, you SAID this date." That has never happened, but now I'm stuck. I can't show this school that I was only told to be there on the 25th, and I can't prove that I didn't make a mistake.

I feel so horrible.

No comments: