9.19.2007

intro.

Welcome.

If you're reading this, you probably already know me, or know about me...but...just in case:

Nutshell version-

*Started out wanting to model commercially.
*June '05, I flew to Tennessee, got portfolio started by Eye Model Management.
*Went on myspace looking for college photography students...first shoot ended up being fine art nude.
*Second shoot also ended up being fine art nude.
*Third shoot was mostly nude.
*Fourth shoot was for a fashion designer in Milwaukee. I got a really great skirt out the deal, but decided I liked the results of the nude shoots better...as well as the experience in general.
*Eventually joined Model Mayhem and put my images up for critique. Someone mentioned that I looked far more comfortable in my nude shots, and even went as far as to say I looked uncomfortable clothed. I thought about it for approximately ten seconds, decided she was right, and have been an art model ever since.

I don't have images from my first nude shoot, because I never ended up using them, so threw the disc away...but this is one from my second shoot, with Michael Sloane, and one from the last shoot I did, with Bobby Sargent.

Michael- '05



Bobby- '07



I feel, for the most part, that I have stayed true to myself throughout the two+ years I've been posing, but...lately have been feeling very bored, and uninspired.

I recently took a job posing for Boston University, and from the moment I received the email about it, my excitement became overwhelming, and it's been nearly all I've been able to think about. That, and starting school for the first time in three years.

That said, my boredom in front of the camera is becoming more and more of an issue for me, and I started this blog to document my feelings on all things related to modeling, and keep everyone up-to-date, as I've been seriously considering going on hiatus since June, and the thoughts show no sign of subsiding.

No comments: